If you have updated your iPhone, iPod touch , iPad to try the infamous iOS 5 beta and now your iDevice has been running sluggish or buggy. The re is a way to downgrade iOS 5 beta! We are here to help bring you back from the iOs of your choice!
- The IPSW of choice (I would recommend 4.3.3) as no need to roll back further. Just make sure you have your SHSH stored with Cydia if you choose to go older then 4.3.3).
- TinyUmbrella. Just download the version that will work for your system.
- iTunes 10.5 beta. You should have this already as you needed it to install 5.0 beta
How To Downgrade From iOS 5 To iOS 4.X Guide:
- Open iTunes
- Plug in your device
- Enter DFU mode
- Turn device off
- Hold power button for 3 seconds
- Without releasing power button, hold down home button for 10 seconds
- Release power button, but continue to hold the home button until iTunes recognizes your iPhone in recovery mode. If you did it right, it should just have a black screen with no connect to iTunes logo.
- Hold down the option key / shift on windows and click the restore button in iTunes
- Browse to wherever you have your IPSW saved and select it.
- iTunes will give you some warning, just click the flashing ok button.
- Sit back while your computer is working.
- If you are using an iPhone 4, you should be done. If not, you have received some sort of error more then likely. This is normal. Open TinyUmbrella and click the exit from restore button.
- YOUR DONE!!!
if you have changed your host file for cydia, you have to change it back to use this guide. TinyUmbrella will do this for you in the advanced tab.